We investigate theme park accidents.
They’re supposed to be fun and exciting. All those rides, slides, swings, roller coasters, and bumper cars at theme parks are designed for thrills and chills.
But, what happens when the ride becomes a thrill of danger?
Every year, more than 40,000 people are treated for amusement park injuries – everything ranging from cuts and bruises to broken bones and severe head trauma. The most serious theme park ride mishaps can even result in death.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) says most theme park injuries are the result of:
- Mechanical failure – A common example is when the lap bar disengages mid trip and the rider falls out
- Improper ride operation – Operators fail to check seat-belts or don’t secure harnesses properly
- Passenger misuse – An example of this is when the rider stands up and ignores warnings to remain seated
- Inherent nature of the ride – Even without defect, operation error, or rider misuse, a ride may still cause an injury due to the nature of the ride itself
If you are ever injured at a Theme Park, take the following steps:
- Report the accident to a park employee.
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Have you or someone else take detailed photos of the location and your injuries.
- Get the names and contact information from witnesses.
- Call John Fagan immediately!
Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.