Day celebrations, We want to remind everyone of some
safety tips. To celebrate safely, Floridians who choose to use legal sparklers
should follow these precautions:
• Use sparklers and other legal novelties on a flat, hard
surface. Do not light them on grass.
• Use sparklers in an open area. Keep children and pets at
least 30 feet away from all ignited sparklers.
• Light only one item at a time and never attempt to
re-light a “dud.”
• Don’t use any unwrapped items or items that may have been
• Keep a fire extinguisher or water hose on-hand for
emergencies. It’s a good idea to drop used sparklers in a bucket of water.
• Only purchase fireworks from licensed vendors.
• Never allow young
children to play with or ignite fireworks.
• Never have any portion of your body directly over a
fireworks device when lighting the fuse.
• Never carry sparklers in your pocket or shoot them off in
metal or glass containers.