A Personal Injury Attorney in Orange Park Can Direct You on How to Be a Good Witness
Being a good witness at your personal injury trial can literally make or break your case. You have suffered the injury, and you are the primary witness. There are important steps to being a good witness, and an experienced personal injury attorney in Orange Park can guide you on these steps and make sure you’re delivering the most proficient witness testimony possible.
Good Witness Guidelines Can Be Explained by a Personal Injury Lawyer in Orange Park
Your personal injury attorney in Orange Park will thoroughly explain the guidelines you need to know about being a good witness, but here are a few important points to remember.
- Stay calm and don’t lose your temper. This is a good way to lose credibility, and defense lawyers know this. Answer all questions courteously even if you feel like you’re being heckled during cross-examination. Show the same calm temperament with the defense as you do when being questioned by your personal injury attorney in Orange Park. This will impress jurors.
- Speak clearly, listen carefully to each question asked, and respond only when the question is finished. Answer all questions with “yes” or “no” responses; do not reply wit “yeah” or “nah.” Always look jurors in the eye when speaking to them. This builds trust.
- Don’t refer to your attorney for answers as this raises suspicion. Your personal injury attorney in Orange Park can prep you before taking the witness stand, not during.
- Don’t exaggerate your injury; do not excessively limp or wince when standing, for example. These gestures are child-like and won’t be taken seriously. If you’re truly in physical pain on the day of your witness testimony, your personal injury lawyer in Orange Park may suggest that you see your physician for assistance before heading to court.
- Always tell the truth even if it hurts your case. One lie can ruin your credibility and cause irreparable damage to your case. Your personal injury attorney in Orange Park understands the damage caused by lying and will go over all case details to ensure your testimony is completely factual.
A Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer in Orange Park Can Assist You With Witness Testimony
As your case’s chief witness, what you say in court and how you say it can have a major impact on the outcome of your case. A personal injury attorney in Orange Park at John Fagan Accident Lawyers can prepare you for your witness testimony and discuss steps to make the process as smooth and efficient as possible. For more information, call the firm today at 904-278-1000.