If you are involved in an auto accident, you might be wondering how a First Coast auto accident attorney will handle your case. Here is some basic information regarding the beginning stages of an auto accident lawsuit:
After initial exploratory interviews and discussions with you, your First Coast auto accident attorney will investigate your case to gather more facts and details. This usually means a review of any or all of these items: statements from witnesses, police reports, medical bills from all parties involved, medical reports, applicable case law (by judges) and statutory law (by the legislature), a possible visit to the scene of the incident, and even potentially the hiring of an investigator to further examine certain details of what happened.
Your First Coast auto accident attorney will also contact the insurance company of whoever was responsible for the incident. Following all this, your lawyer will keep in contact with you to make sure that you are doing the following:
- Following your treating doctor’s orders or medical advice;
- Working to recuperate from your injury;
- Providing your lawyer with all relevant paperwork, such as medical bills and expenses;
- Documenting any loss of income from being unable to work because of your injury; and
- Notifying your lawyer of potential witnesses to the accident.
Your attorney will use authorization forms to obtain copies of the relevant medical records and review them as they are received.
If you have further questions concerning a personal injury incident, contact First Coast auto accident attorney John Fagan for a free evaluation of your case.