An Injury Attorney in Jacksonville, FL Discusses Factors That Determine Case Worth
Perhaps the biggest question you have when meeting with an injury lawyer in Jacksonville, FL relates to your case’s value. First off, no case has a guaranteed price tag. The value of your particular case will depend on many factors. An injury attorney in Jacksonville, FL will use his or her experience and expertise to evaluate your case and discuss what factors determine potential case worth.
Even if you think the person who injured you is morally responsible, an injury lawyer in Jacksonville, FL knows that you must prove legal responsibility to recover any damages. This will include the current law relating to your type of case. This can include things such as:
- statutes of limitation
- where you were injured (in a car, on someone’s property, while at work, etc.)
- whether an insurance company is involved
- whether you carry any contributory fault for your injuries
Your injury lawyer in Jacksonville, FL will do extensive research into your injury. The value of your case will depend on the nature and extent of your injury, including such things as:
- permanent vs. temporary disability
- length of hospitalization
- amount of medical bills and how they were incurred
- how badly you were injured and how big an impact it has on your daily life
- any work-related financial loss (wages, sick time, benefits, vacation, etc.)
The bottom line is if you cannot support your injury with adequate documentation, expert opinions, and credible witnesses, your injury lawyer in Jacksonville, FL will explain that this will likely decrease your potential case value.
Your injury attorney in Jacksonville, FL will look at other issues as well, as each case is different, and you will have to consult with him to learn what those issues may be in your situation.
Contact an Injury Attorney in Jacksonville, FL Today
For a detailed analysis of your case and to learn more about the factors that will determine your case value, contact an experienced injury lawyer in Jacksonville, FL by calling John Fagan Accident Lawyers at 904-278-1000. The initial consultation is free.