What Happens if I Get into an Auto Accident on a Private Property in Florida?

Car accidents happen frequently across the United States, but one of the more complex situations to be in is an accident on private property in Orange Park, Florida. Since an accident on private property does not take place on a public road, the rules applicable to public road accidents may not necessarily be applicable in these situations.

Nonetheless, anyone involved will need to have at least a basic understanding of the no-fault insurance laws and pure comparative laws of negligence operating in the state.

If you have no idea on what to do after a car accident on a private property, it is best to consult with an Orange Park auto accident lawyer first, so you may be informed of your options.

Florida Laws for an Accident on Private Property

If you are a driver in the state of Florida, you will know that state requirements mandate that you carry two types of insurance, which are Property Damage Liability (PDL) and Personal Injury Protection (PIP). In the event that you get into a car accident on private property, you can make a claim from your own insurance company through the PIP coverage. If you have damaged another person’s property, the other party may make a claim through your PDL coverage.

Something that is crucial in the discussion of insurance coverage is the no-fault insurance law operating in Orange Park, Florida and throughout the state. After a car accident, you may file for both types of insurance claims regardless of your negligence or fault in the accident. Thus, whether you are at fault or not at fault, your insurance carrier has to pay. Your insurance agent cannot cite your negligence as a reason for you not to be liable for any of the claims after a car accident.

What to Do After An Accident on Private Property in Orange Park, Florida

Car Wreck Lawyer for Accident on Private Property in Orange Park, Florida
No one expects to get into an accident on private property; but when the unexpected happens, you should reach out to John Fagan Accident Lawyers.

A car accident on private property is an accident that doesn’t take place on public roads, highways, or interstates. It may happen, for example, in a private parking space or in any privately-owned location. After a car accident takes place on someone’s property, there are a few things that you should do.

First, you need to report the auto accident to the authorities. Call the local police or the traffic enforcer present in the area. If there is a private security guard within the vicinity, it will also be best to inform security personnel of the situation.

If someone is hurt after a car accident on someone’s property, you will also need to get immediate medical help. This is especially crucial if there are children in or outside the vehicle; even more so if the collision is severe and may potentially result in serious physical injuries.

The most important reminder is for you to exercise caution when speaking to anyone about the auto accident on private property. Prior to speaking with your insurance carrier, it is highly crucial that you consult with your lawyer first.

Proof of negligence may be needed if you file for a lawsuit in Orange Park, Florida, as this will determine the amount you are entitled to receive as additional compensation. For this, a car accident lawyer will be valuable.

How Can an Auto Accident Lawyer Help with My Compensation Claim in Orange Park Florida?

If Florida operates through the no-fault insurance law, why will you still need an auto accident lawyer? The answer is simple: your insurance carrier may not always have your best interests in mind at all times.  

After a car accident, your insurance carrier will be required to pay you through the Personal Injury Protection policy. They will also have to process any liability on your part, if and when the accident has resulted in property damage to the owner of the private property. A problem arises when your insurance carrier refuses to pay in full the compensation due to you or the aggrieved party. For this, you need the help of a committed auto accident attorney.

In the event that you file for a lawsuit against the negligent driver after a car accident, the comparative fault law of Florida will entitle you to compensation even if you are found to be partly responsible, as well.

Call John Fagan Accident Lawyers for Your Auto Accident Case in Orange Park, Florida

Being involved in an accident on private property can be tricky to navigate, especially if you’re unfamiliar with Florida auto accident laws.

If you or a family member has been involved in an accident on private property in Orange Park, Florida, reach out to John Fagan Accident Lawyers so you can start looking into the legal options applicable to your auto accident case.

There’s Never a Fee Unless We Get Money For You

Font Resize