You can depend on your Orange Park personal injury attorney to do most of the heavy lifting for your case. For your part, you must constantly supply him or her with documents related to your injury, such as medical bills.
Documentation to Give Your Orange Park Personal Injury Attorney
Your Orange Park personal injury attorney will ask you to provide any documentation of your medical bills, expenses, and loss of wages. You can additionally assist your lawyer by doing the following:
- Respond to phone calls from your lawyer as soon as possible.
- Read any letter or memo sent from your Orange Park personal injury lawyer.
- Honor all appointments with hospitals and other medical professionals.
- Save a record of expenses incurred due to the injury, such as medical bills and lost income.
- Maintain a list of possible witnesses who are qualified to testify about your injuries or the accident.
- Take pictures of items, if requested by your attorney, and keep copies and negatives of such pictures.
- Regularly keep your Orange Park personal injury lawyer updated on any changes in your address, telephone numbers, marital status, jobs or health condition.
- Always answer questions from your attorney truthfully and honestly.
- Sign any forms sent by your attorney.
An Orange Park Personal Injury Lawyer Explains Why You Have to Sign So Many Forms
You may feel overwhelmed when you have to sign multiple authorization forms, but your attorney will not be able to secure your personal information without signed written authorizations. In most circumstances, your doctors, medical offices, employers, and other organizations are forbidden by law to release your private information without authorization forms with your signature. Your lawyer will need your personal and medical information for the case, so you should sign all authorization as requested.
An Orange Park personal injury attorney can guide you through the litigation process. Call the John Fagan Accident Lawyers today at 904-278-1000.