In handling your case, an Orange Park personal injury lawyer will review and obtain all pertinent information for your case, and ensure that you are also taking care of your own responsibilities.
What Your Orange Park Personal Injury Lawyer Will Review in Order to Evaluate Your Claim
Your Orange Park personal injury lawyer will begin evaluating your claim not long after meeting with you for the first time. This process will involve your lawyer reviewing the following information, and others as necessary:
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- The location of the accident
- Relevant statutory laws, which are laws enacted by your legislature
- Relevant case laws, which are laws made by judges who interpret statutory law
- All medical reports and medical bills
Your Orange Park personal injury lawyer may consider hiring an investigator to further evaluate the details of the accident.
Contacting the Insurer of Those Responsible for Your Injuries
In addition to taking the steps above, your Orange Park Personal injury attorney will also call the insurance company for anyone or any company that caused your injuries. After he has finished the initial investigation and contacted the insurance company, your lawyer will keep in touch with you to make sure that you are fulfilling the following obligations:
- Properly acting upon the recommendation of your doctors and other medical professionals.
- Making the maximum effort to recuperate from your injury.
- Giving your lawyer copies of all medical bills and additional expenses incurred as a result of the incident.
- Providing your lawyer with documentations of loss of wages from your job.
- Keeping up to date with all of possible witnesses in your case.
Your Orange Park personal injury attorney will obtain your medical records from your doctors by submitting the appropriate authorization forms. He will carefully go over every detail of the medical records and any applicable law that pertains to your case.
To speak to an Orange Park personal injury lawyer with experience in handling personal injury cases, please call John Fagan at 904-278-1000.